Founded in 1969, World Courier, a business unit of AmerisourceBergen, has grown to become the industry leader in specialty logistics services through design, innovation and delivery of world-class logistics and supply chain solutions. With over 2,500 associates, across 50+ countries, World Courier is a pioneer in the market, delivering ultimate peace of mind for the transport and storage of time- and temperature-sensitive products. Our unsurpassed knowledge, global reach and flawless supply chain execution, make us the most trusted specialty logistics company in the world.
As the Operations Manager you will be responsible for managing operational activities of the department, planning and developing systems and procedures to improve operational quality and administration and development of department staff and subcontractors.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Overall management of the OPS team, conducting regular team meetings as well as leading, training and motivating staff to deliver high quality
- General work distribution of the department, including workforce planning and optimization
- Documentation, analysis and development of operational processes, ensuring high operational quality
- Implementation of new operational procedures
- Evaluation of existing quality defects and definition of improvement actions
- KPI reporting and follow up
- Consistent work with subcontractors: Including benchmarking and selection, training, analysis of daily processes and workflow, KPI follow up and conduct of meetings based on need
- Coordination of general department projects
- Strong experience in logistics operations, preferably in speciality logistics and air logistics
- Good leadership skills and mindset
- Fluent communication skills in German and English
- Flexibility to work on multiple simultaneous projects and meet deadlines
- Analytical approach and number accuracy
- Good computer skills and proven ability to work through systems
- Basis of employment laws and regulations
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes benefit programs that are comprehensive, diverse and designed to meet the various needs across our associate population.
Throughout our global footprint and various business units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we offer. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contributions. Specific benefit offerings may vary by location, position and/or business unit.